Girls and Dresses

One of the things I love most about having a daughter is dressing her up. It gives me pure pleasure shopping for clothes for my little darling, and even more happiness putting the clothes on her. It somehow brings me back to my younger years of dressing up my Barbie dolls. Oh, what simple joy! =)

When I was a young child, I remember I used to really love wearing dresses. I guess I was really the girly-type. I look forward to occasions when I could wear my beautiful clothes. I remember looking forward to Sunday Masses, as they were opportunities for me to wear my nice dresses. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of my younger years with me now, so I couldn't post pictures of how I looked when I was a little girl.

Anyway, I came upon this Children's Clothing Timeline.

History of Children’s Clothing

How informative! I enjoyed looking at how children's fashion has changed throughout the years. Or maybe, it's more proper to use the term "evolve" instead of "change", as I've noticed how fashion from past decades are just revived with a slight revision on style or colors. I especially liked the 50's look, very feminine and oh-so-pretty! :)

With all these beautiful dresses in the market today, don't you just love being a girl? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment