Teething Myths


It is NOT TRUE that teething causes fever, diarrhea, rashes, or vomiting.

I learned this recently from my child's pediatrician.

My daughter ran an on & off fever for 3 days. At first we thought it was because she was growing a new tooth, so we brushed it off and just gave her some paracetamol both for her fever and probably the pain she was experiencing with the new tooth coming out. But when her fever went to as high as 40 degrees celsius, off we rushed to her pediatrician for some advice. And we were surprised to learn that teething actually DOES NOT cause fever! Oh, no!!! Nor does it cause diarrhea, rashes, or vomiting. We learned that our child actually had some viral infection.

So, I hope you learn from my experience. Never brush off a symptom such as fever, especially when it goes beyond 38 degrees celsius. Consult your doctor immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment