A Song for Papa

My father died in 2006.
Sadly, he did not get the chance to see my daughter, his grandchild.
I'm sure he would have loved to play with her and cuddle her in his arms.
Now that I am a parent myself, I am more grateful to my parents for bringing me up well.
Now that I know by personal experience how hard parenting can be, I salute my parents for their patience, hard work, care, and love towards us.

As All Souls' Day comes near, I think it is fitting to pay tribute to my Papa with his favorite song.
May God bless his soul.


Skyline Pigeon

Music by Elton JohnLyrics by Bernie Taupin
Turn me loose from your hands
Let me fly to distant lands
Over green fields, trees and mountains
Flowers and forest fountains
Home along the lanes of the skyway

For this dark and lonely room
Projects a shadow cast in gloom
And my eyes are mirrors
Of the world outside
Thinking of the way
That the wind can turn the tide
And these shadows turnFrom purple into grey
For just a Skyline Pigeon
Dreaming of the open
Waiting for the day
He can spread his wings
And fly away again
Fly away skyline pigeon fly
Towards the dreamsYou've left so very far behind
Just let me wake up in the morning
To the smell of new mown hay
To laugh and cry, to live and dieIn the brightness of my day
I want to hear the pealing bells
Of distant churches sing
But most of all please free me
From this aching metal ring
And open out this cage towards the sun

[signature-+not+bold.jpg]

No comments:

Post a Comment